Movie Review - Lights Out




Hello guys! 
How are you all doing this week?

So, I'm a huge fan of cinema and for the past weeks I had time to watch some movies like: Lights Out, The Strangers (for the second or third time), The Shinning (for the second time), Funny Games (the 1997 version), Pokemon: Arceus And The Jewel Of Life, ect etc...

I'm thinking of probably do some movie reviews for my next posts because I really love doing this type of thing.

So, I hope you like this as much as I do!

Let's get started!

Quick note:

 I would love to ask my dear friend Alex M. to make a review on a horror movie that she likes! That would be really cool and fun to read.
And please check out her blog as well!

Some information about the movie:





Plot:

When her little brother, Martin, experiences the same events that once tested her sanity, Rebecca works to unlock the truth behind the terror, which brings her face to face with an entity that has an attachment to their mother, Sophie.



















What to expect:

Ghost movies always have some connections and sometimes it can be hard to think out of the box and be creative.
I think that this movie is quite good. I think it has some Japanese vibe into it and some jump scares are good.

This movie reminds me at some point of The Grudge, tough I think that The Grudge is way stronger and scary. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it for the first time (and that's amazing for a horror movie!).

The thing that I liked the most on Lights Out was that the mother of the main character (Rebecca) knew that the entity was real.
So, that changes a bit the movie, because usually this type of stories at some point there's always someone that doesn't believe that the entity is real.
I think that the characters needed a bit more development. We get to know them, yes, but I guess that (in my opinion), the movie could be filled with more memories of Rebecca's past, or with more things related to her own experience.























My opinion:

An overall opinion is that I really liked this movie, for real. It has some great jump scares, some great suspense moments and at some point, some of my own fears were being shown in the movie.
I'm afraid of the dark since I was a kid. And I just had to face the fear of it with this movie and I loved it.

Do I recommend this movie?
Yes, I do. 
I think it's not a horrible movie, at all. It could have some things enhanced, but nothing serious. 
So, yes, give it a try and enjoy watching!

Quick fact:

This movie was based on Sandberg's 2013 short film of the same name and features Lotta Losten.


Watch the short film:




Watch the trailer of the movie:

  
Well guys, I hope you enjoy my review!
I'll see you on my next post!

XO,
Di

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill