Album Review: Korn - The Serenity of Suffering



Hello guys!

I'm super excited today. You know why?
Well, the new Korn album just came out and I wanted to make a review on it.
I have to say that I just screamed (internally) on the day the album was released because I wanted to listen to it so badly, for real.


Let's start this shall we?


Some quick notes:

The Serenity of Suffering is the twelfth studio album by nu metal band Korn, released on October 21, 2016. 
It is (according to the guitarist Brian Welch) the heaviest album so far.
The artwork contains various elements of Korn's fourth album, Issues, and it was created by Ron English.



*All this information was provided by Wikipedia.




Track list



  • 1. "Insane" 3:50                                        
  • 2. "Rotting in Vain" 3:33
  • 3. "Black Is the Soul" 4:01
  • 4. "The Hating" 4:22
  • 5. "A Different World" (featuring Corey Taylor) 3:20
  • 6. "Take Me" 3:00
  • 7. "Everything Falls Apart" 4:17
  • 8. "Die Yet Another Night" 4:28
  • 9. "When You're Not There" 3:24
  • 10. "Next in Line" 3:28
  • 11. "Please Come for Me" 2:53
  • 12. "Baby" 5:00
Deluxe Edition:
  • 13. "Calling Me Too Soon 3:23

Japanese Deluxe Edition:

  • 13. "Calling Me Too Soon 3:23
  • 14. Out Of You 3:19



The Serenity of Suffering



Well guys, this album just makes me love this band even more. 
I've read some reviews online and some of them were not very positive, saying that this album is extremely heavy and some things like that.
Think about this: Korn is heavy and I guess they will be like this as long as they continue to make music (hopefully). 

I personally love the heaviness of this album and I love the songs as well. 
The lyrics are harsh, very truthful and all of this reminds me of the 1999 and 2004 albums they released. 
The vibes of Make Me Bad and some other songs they had are present in here. 
This is a nu metal album and I LOVE it!
The opening riffs takes us back to the old Korn days, and the powerful voice of Jonathan and the rage he transmits in almost every song makes me want to listen to it over and over again. 

It's deep, heavy, it has that old school vibe, the vocals are amazing... I have noting negative to say about it.
The return of the guitarist Brian “Head” Welch in 2013 clearly changed the dynamics of the band for the better, in my opinion.

The collaboration of Corey Taylor from Slipknot in A Different World (I love Slipknot lot as well!), was a very good idea, to be honest. I really like that song!
But my overall opinion of this album is that is amazing. The Paradigm Shift and the Serenity Of Suffering are two amazing albums that I totally recommend to all the nu metal fans out there!



Listen to the album in here!


And what about you? Have you listened the album?
Do you like it?

Thank you so much for reading, guys! I really hope you like this review!

XO,
Di. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill