Anime Review - Danganrompa (The Animation)


"To wait or not to wait...that is the question. But which will cause more despair? That's the REAL question...”

Hello everyone!

To start my post today, I wanto to apologize for being absent these days but as I said before, I'm still in France with my family and I took some time to be with them and I've not been as present and active as I want to in here.
But!, to make you feel as happy as I am for being able to post something to you, I bring you an anime that I actually ended up watching yesterday almost at 3 a.m.

So, let's start this review!

Notes: This anime is called Danganrompa, it was released in 2013 and has 13 episodes with 23 minutes each. 
It's also originally a game for Playstation Vita.

The name of the games are:


  • Dangan Ronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair 
  • Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
  • Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Dangan Ronpa 1.2 Reload
  • Ultra Despair Girls - Danranrompa Another
  • Danranrompa: DISTRUST
  • Danranrompa: Unlimited Battle

All the games where released between 2012 and 2015, at least that was what I found during my research.

Plot:


15 students are selected to go to a school were there is only one rule to graduate: 

Kill without being found.
All the students will have to survive inside that place and obey the rules established by Monokuma.
If they are found guilty, they'll suffer the punishment of their life: Death.
They can only kill two students per day.
But will they be able to survive that madness?






Artwork:

I really like the style of this series.
As the deaths happen, the style changes completly and the scenes look like a theater thing.
All the characters are super well made and the detail is visible.
Some of them are weird when you see them because the eyes are huge, the hair is crazy and some of them are not what they look like at first.
Monokuma is the coolest bear I've seen because he looks like a super cute "animal" and he is definitly not.
He's heartless, bad and when he get's bored things get mad.

Music:

The animation starts with a song called Never Say Never.
Well, I don't like this song because it's not my style, but the lyrics match the anime and I advise you to watch the video of the entry song because it shows the characers.
That's a positive point!
Link to the OP song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc2vTZKEq-4

The final song is the one I love, actually!
It's super cool and it looks like a game song. It makes sence because the anime looks like it!
Kill or be killed, to be precise.
Link to the final song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeo8wCIRERA

I decided to add a bonus to this review and publish the songs used in all executions.
I will not spoil anything, except for the themes used in it because I really like them.
Execution songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jCP9Fu7ew

Characters:

Well, all the characters are well made and you can feel that they hide a lot of secrets and yes, you will find out along the episodes why that happens.
One of the ones that I like the most is Kirigiri.
She is super smart and calculates well her steps before get a conclusion.


dr animated GIF  

                                          my stuff long post dangan ronpa dangan ronpa spoilers byakuya togami kyouko kirigiri dangan ronpa anime




My opinion:

I think this anime is super cool and can mess around with your brain.
Once the killings start all you want to do is find out the one that did it, but sometimes while I was watching this series I thout about the person that could be guilty and it just didn't make sense at all!
I made a lot of thinking and sometimes the answer to the crimes can be devestating and sad.
So, If you like twisted psycological animes, you can watch this one.
It's worth it!
I feel sad because I did some research today and I think that there's not a second season or even a OVA.
It's sad because I enjoyed watching it a lot.
If you decide give it a try, I hope you enjoy and have a lot of fun!

Trailer of the anime:




Thank you so much and I'll see you on my next post!

XO,
Di.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill