Anime Review - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry)




"Don't worry, I used the blunt end of the knife." 

Hello everyone!

This is the first season of Higurashi and I'm happy to talk about this anime. And why is that? Because I love twisted and weird things that can actually melt my brain.
This is a 2006 production with 26 episodes (of pure madness).
This anime is all about it. When I watched it (the first season) I just felt that nothing makes any sense and that the plots and twists were making me question the episode I was watching.

*If you want the review of the other seasons, let a comment and let me know :)*

So, let's start this journey!

Plot:

Maebara Keiichi moved into the quiet town of Hinamizawa and after that change, he spends his days in school often playing games with his local friends that make part of a group. However, appearances can be deceiving and things are not what they appear to be... One fateful day, Keiichi stumbles upon news of a murder that had occurred in Hinamizawa.
He tries to know what's going on and finds out something called the ''Oyashiro's curse'' from a woman called Takano. From this point on Keiichi gets paranoid and as time goes on, horrific events unfold in front of him, as he soon learns his close friends may not be all that they seem. But what are they hiding?

Note: This anime is based on the amateur mystery game by ''07th Expansion''.





                                               





Artwork:

The amount of detail in this series is amazing. It's so awesome to see what they did it all the torture scenes that can be disgusting to see if you're sensitive.
But in other ''normal'' scenes, the detail is also visible and that makes the anime visually appealing and interesting.

                                 


Music:
I love the songs from Higurashi! 
The OP song is awesome and the lyrics match perfectly the story and it gives a little bit of suspense to it.
The ending song is calm and man... You really need something this chill to rest after the exciting episodes!

My opinion + violent scenes:
I recommend this series if you like violence and twisted plots.
After watching the first season, you should follow the other seasons to understand what's going on, because you'll be super confused after watching this one!
All of the answers to the mysteries happening in that small town, can be answered in the next seasons that I'll probably talk about.
So, this anime is twisted, but I liked the fact that there's some humor and funny situations in it!
The violent scenes are sick, twisted, mind-blowing and crazy. I love them, but the chills I felt after them where the best.
I would give it a try.

Characters:
They all have a different personality and they are awesome at their own way.
The main characters are a surprise, because you never expect what is going to happen to them or even what they plan to do next.
Some have a really sad past that you'll find out about and others are forced to be the way they are and they might not have any other choice.

Trailer:



Thank you for your attention!

XO, 
Di.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill