Movie Review - Ouija: Origin of Evil

www.makemereadmoreofthis.blospot.pt

Hello guys! How are you?
A few days ago I saw this movie and I want to share with you guys what I thought of it.
I really hope you like horror movies, because I love to talk about them!

Let's get started!



Plot:


Set in 1967 Los Angeles, a widow named Alice Zander works out of her suburban home as a spiritual medium, accompanied by her daughters, 15-year-old Paulina "Lina" and nine-year old Doris; although they stage their seances, Alice's real intent is to help people move on. The family is still reeling over the recent death of Roger, Alice's husband and the kids' father. After Lina suggests that Alice incorporate a Ouija board into her readings, Alice does so, and unknowingly contacts a spirit named Marcus that begins to possess Doris. She ends the game without saying "goodbye," breaking one of the three rules: 



Never play alone, never play in a graveyard, and always say goodbye.

Source: Wikipedia













This movie is the prequel to 2014’s “Ouija”. The "Ouija: Origin of Evil" in particular has some old vibes that recall me to the Exorcist and I think that it is great, because that movie is absolutely amazing and I love it.


"Ouija: Origin of Evil" does not have excessive jump scares, it has the right amount of them for you to enjoy what you're seeing and to follow the story.

The director of the movie Mike Flanagan gives “Ouija: Origin of Evil” the opportunity to follow the day-to-day life of all characters since the beginning:
The mom, Alice, has a complicated life, struggles with money and has to raise her daughters all alone because her husband died. 
Doris, the younger daughter suffers at school because the kids there bully her. The motive is her mother's job.
And finally we have the oldest daughter, Lina, that has a crush on a guy called Mikey (who's older then her). Her mom worries that this crush might ruin her daughter's life because she's young and we all know "what boys want". 















Alice decides to step up her game and buy an Ouija board and starts to use it while working.

Well, as I said in the beginning, you just had three simple rules that are not supposed to be broken. Obviously that the movie's action starts when they break the rules and don't really seem to care much.

Well, every ghost movie needs to have that one character that has a deeper connection with danger and Doris was the one that had that one job.

She did a great job as an actress, by the way! I have to say that I'm super impressed with the way that young girl acted during the hole movie.
But!, the connection that she has with spirits is made due to the fact that her grandmother had real psychic powers.


The movie has some great potential and it doesn't have that typical vibe from other horror movies where everything will be alright in the end. That's a big plus for me because it gives us a different perspective of how movies can have a variety of endings.
All the cast is amazing and all of them, in my opinion, are fantastic.
Lulu Wilson was simply amazing and had a killer performance. I'm super impressed with her!




















To end my review, this is not the typical jump scare after jump scare type of movie. It actually has some good consistency as well as a story line. The actors are amazing, the camera angles, the 60's theme, the cloths, everything comes together in the end.
Do I recommend this movie? 
Yes, it's totally worth a try! I really like it!



Trailer:


Do you agree with my review? Tell me in the comments bellow!

Thank you so much for your attention and I'll see you on my next post!


XO,

Di.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill