Anime Review - Deadman Wonderland


''If you're gonna kill me, then kill me. If you're gonna execute me, stop waiting. Until then, I live by my own rules.''


Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to talk to you about an anime I've seen last year.
I liked it because it had a different type of story, some pretty cool characters and a lot of action.

Let's begin! 



Notes: 

  •  Directed by: Kōichirō Hatsumi
  • Written by: Yasuyuki 
  • Original run: April 17, 2011 – July 3, 2011
  • Episodes: 12 with 23 minutes each.











Plot:


A massive earthquake ravaged Japan's mainland and destroyed most of Tokyo, sinking three-quarters of it into the ocean. Ten years later, the story focus on Igarashi Ganta, a ordinary student. This boy survived the earthquake and has no memories of that big incident. This all changes when a strange man covered in blood and a huge armour floats through his classroom windows. Two seconds later, the Red Man massacres Ganta's entire class but instead of killing him, embeds a red crystal shard in Ganta's chest. A few days later, Ganta is declared the sole suspect and, following a quick trial, is sentenced to life imprisonment in Deadman Wonderland, a massive theme park like prison. Where nothing is what it seems.
































Visual effects:

The visual effects are great and I like the stile of it. The characters have a lot of detail and the background of the story is well made. It's a big plus from me on that point.

The action in each episode is super well made and I have to say that the style of it is modern and different than what I'm used to see.





























Music:

The OP song is crazy, great and matches the anime. I am obsessed with it and I just can't stop listening to it. 

It has a lot of power, and I simply love it.
The band is ''Fade'' and the song is called ''One Reason''.




Another song that I love from this series, is the one Shiro sings.
This particular scene made me think about the sweetness in Shiro's voice, but if youlisten to the lyrics of the song, you'll see her true colors.

The song is called ''Woodpecker'':





Reception:

In my opinion, the anime is simply amazing, but some countries didn't had such a great reception.So, the problem was that it wasn't a huge success in Japan...
The US loved it and the sales of the DVD's where high (up to 1 million sales).
Because of the lack response from Japan, the studio just made 12 episodes and so, the anime actually doesn't have an end.
The manga is also something I recommend reading because there's so much more to know about the plot and characters. The animation didn't have time to show you the full potential of the story, which is a shame.  
I really hope that some day a second season is finally confirmed.

This is, in my opinion, an anime with great potential. The plot is extraordinary, the characters are well developed and everything is well balanced.
If you have the chance, watch this. I think it's worth it and it will make you  want more, just like it did to me.

Trailer:





Thank you so much for reading this!
I really hope you like it. If you do, tell me in the comments bellow!
I'll see you on my next post!


XO,
Di.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill