A Trip To The Past: My Favourite Video Games


Hello guys! How are you doing lately?

As an adult, I like to think about things that used to make part of my life and childhood.
I'm not that old, but I miss certain things. I was conflicting about what I could talk about my boyfriend said that I could talk about video games.
Yes, that was such a great idea!

I will talk about the games that I used to play, but remember: there are a lot more games out there.
And that's why I want to ask you to tell me in the comments bellow what are your favourites and if you like my list!

1. Crash Bandicoot (1996)



This game is composed with several series, and debuted in 1996 with the Sony PlayStation video game.
Most of games on this franchise are platform games, but the series also includes other types such as racing and party games.
Each and every game focus on the main protagonist Crash Bandicoot, but also includes some other characters such as Doctor Neo Cortex, Aku Aku, Coco Bandicoot (Crash's sister), among others.

For me, this was the best game ever. I used to play it all the time with my sister and a cousin of mine. This is probably the game that I miss the most... And a few weeks ago I watched AGDQ on Twitch and I had a lot of fun. They did a type of Crash Bendicoot marathon and it was super cool. It brought back so many memories!


















Gameplay: 


2. Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time (1999)



This Loony Tunes game was released in 1999 and it was produced for Microsoft, Windows and PlayStation. A year later, a sequel was produced , Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters, for the same platforms. 

Bugs Bunny finds and activates a time machine after taking a wrong turn in Albuquerque. After that, he ends up in Nowhere and finds a sorcerer named Merlin Munroe. Bugs gets informed that he is lost in time and that he must travel through different eras of time, in order to collect golden carrots and clock symbols. That will allow him to go back to present. During those eras, Bugs will have to solve puzzles and defeat a boss character at the end of each era to unlock the next one.

This game was so amazing.I remember playing this non stop because I always wanted to know what was coming up next. In a general way, it was very entertaining and quite easy to play. 































Gameplay:




3. Resident Evil / Bio Hazard (1996)


Resident Evil is a survival horror video game developed and released by Capcom, originally made for the PlayStation 1, in 1996. It is also the first game made in the Resident Evil's series. 
The game follows Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, (members of S.T.A.R.S) as they go on filed and investigate Racoon City, following the disappearance of other team members. 
The player can choose to play as Chris or Jill at the start and has to explore the city and has t explore a mansion to uncover a lot of secrets.

For the ones that are zombie lovers like me, this game was the bomb when it came out. I have to say that I was a fetus in 1996 (I was only 2 years old), but a few years later, when I got my PlayStation 1, I spent a long time playing it and I made it to the end (oh yeah!).














Gameplay:



4. Tomb Raider / Lara Croft (1996)



Tomb Raider is an action-adventure video game developed by Core Design. It was released in 1996 for Sega Saturn, PlayStation and MS-DOS. 

The story of the game opens with a prologue in Los Alamos County, New Mexico. A nuclear test causes an explosion which exposes an ancient device buried beneath the desert surface. After that, the device unlocks and shows a person in suspended animation. The story then continues to the present day.

I'm a huge fan of this fame since I can remember. I always loved the story, the graphics (remember, at the time this was amazing) and the story itself was addictive. I sent a lot of time playing this alone and with my sister as well. She's a fan of video games as well.
One of my best friends, Sara, is a huge fan of Lara Croft and I share the same passion as her!

Was I the only one that enjoyed way too much locking Winston in the fridge? Anyone? 





















Gameplay: 




5. Tekken (1995)


Tekken is a fighting game developed by Namco. It was released in 1994 and in 1995 it was available on PlayStation. 
The game consists in two players fighting each other. The difference between Tekken and other games is that it allows players to move the player's four limbs independently.
There are two rounds of combat, and the player can choose the time limit of each round. The character with more health remaining will be declared the winner.

This game, for me, was the best. I personally love fight games and this one was my favorite for a long time. Now we have games with better graphics, and gore scenes, but at the time, this was very cool to play. I had a lot of fun and I would spend hours playing with my sister and my cousin. 














Gameplay:



Well guys, I hope you like this small list. I have a lot more games to talk about and I'll probably do a part 2 of this post.
Tell me what you think in the comments bellow and say what was your favorite game!

And thank you so much for your time!

XO,
Di.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Anime Review - Kill la Kill

Why I've been gone